Terms and Conditions
General Information about our booking system and what’s included in your cottage rental
Our web site gives the availability of all our cottages and is updated daily by 2200hrs CET. The web site allows you to reserve a property and either pay the 30% non-refundable deposit by credit or debit card on line through PayPal which will immediately guarantee your reservation or request payment by bank transfer or cheque, in which case we will provisionally reserve your chosen property for 7 days.
If you do not have access to the web, wish to pay by cheque or do not want to pass your card details on-line, then please telephone usbetween 8am and 7pm any day of the week or email us and let us know the cottage and the dates you require. If the property is available for your dates we will reserve it for one week whilst you forward the deposit by post or by bank transfer. Please let us know if you need our bank details.Upon receipt of your deposit, confirmation and a receipt will be sent to you. To confirm the booking we need your full name and address together with a telephone number and mobile number if you have one.
Deposit payments are non-returnable.
We offer discounted rates on the larger properties to make prices more attractive for smaller parties. This discounted tariff applies only when the prescribed numbers of beds are occupied.A charge between the higher and lower tariffs will be made if additional beds are in fact used.
Balance of payment (Final payment)
The balance of payment is due not less than 8 weeks from the start of your booking. Payment if made by cheque to should be payable to French Cottage Retreats Ltd.:
11 Rushes Road, Petersfield GU32 3BW
On receipt of the final balance we shall send a copy of the agreement and information sheets including directions and access to the cottage.The cottage will be available at *4pm on the day of arrival. It is very important that you vacate the cottage by *10am on the day of departure.
* Unless by prior arrangement
Bed linen, hand, bath and pool towels and tea towels are provided in all cottages.
Most cottages have washing machines but we offer a weekly linen change for those visitors who are staying for two weeks or more.
Barbeques and outside furniture are provided at most cottages.
Fuel and services
All cottages have at least supplementary heating. All cooking, lighting, linen and cleaning costs are included with 2 exceptions (see point 15. in the Terms & Conditions).. A small quantity of logs are provided in all properties with fires/woodburners.
We strongly advise the provision of travel insurance to cover the cost of any cancellation.
Once you have booked and paid for the holiday it is not possible for a refund unless we can re-let the cottage at short notice. If this is the case then a proportion of the total cost will be refunded, based on what we are able to let the cottage for at that time.
Damage & breakages
If you cannot agree to the terms and conditions relating to your payment of any damage or breakages caused during your stay then you are required to inform us and to pay before your arrival a refundable £250 deposit to cover such costs. Otherwise we will assume that you acknowledge and agree to these terms and conditions above and below.
With the exception of Enfialère and Gineste our houses are not suitablefor people with reduced mobility. Many are built into hillsides and rock along the valleys and have steep access both by car and steps to the property.
Terms and Conditions
- The agreement to let and to rent any cottage is between the owner (name and address supplied if required) and the client. French Cottage Holidays sarl acts purely as an agent between the two parties and is not responsible for any damage to the property or its condition at any time or injury or death to any person resulting from negligence or mismanagement of the property including the terraces and pool areas.
- All properties carry a public and personal liability policy to safe guard against any such occurrences.
- When clients phone/email looking for dates, we have three levels of scheduling, “Available”, “Provisional” and “Booked”. We can simply advise ‘availability’. ‘Availability’ means the dates the client is interested in booking are, at that time, clear and currently available.
- We can mark dates, upon request, as ‘Provisional’ for 7 days (this can be extended upon request by email) awaiting receipt of the 30% non-returnable deposit when the booking becomes ‘confirmed’. If after 7 days a deposit has not been received, then ‘Provisional’ dates will be released from our schedule and will become available to all clients on a first come, first served basis.
- A 30% non-returnable deposit is due at the time of booking. This reservation will only be honoured if the deposit is received at our offices within 7 days of the day of reservation and a full name and address together with a mobile or easily contactable telephone number. The full and final payment is due no later than 8 weeks before the commencement of the cottage hire. At that time and on receipt of the final payment we shall send to the Hirer directions to the cottage and all information relating to the cottage. We strongly advise the provision of travel insurance to cover the cost of any cancellation. Once you have booked and paid for the holiday it is not possible for a refund unless we can re-let the cottage at short notice. If this is the case then a proportion of the total cost will be refunded, based on what we are able to let the cottage for at what will probably be short notice.
- If for any reason the cottage is not available at the time of the booking then we shall refund the cost either in full or pro rata if it is unavailable for a shorter period of time than the full term. If the cottage you have chosen is unavailable on your arrival we reserve the right to provide a cottage of an equivalent or higher standard at no extra charge.
- The Hirer is responsible for the cottage and undertakes all reasonable care of it, to keep it clean and tidy. The Hirer is expected to advise the offices French Cottage Holidays of any breakage or damage and to replace any breakages or pay for damage caused. We do not ask for a damage or breakage deposit but request that our guests acknowledge the terms and conditions and that they will pay for any damage or breakages that occur during their occupancy beyond the basic principal of fair wear and tear. If you cannot agree to the terms and conditions relating to your payment of any damaged caused during your stay then you are required to pay before your arrival a refundable £250 deposit to cover such costs. Otherwise we will assume that you acknowledge and agree to these terms and conditions.
- At the end of the hire period, Hirers must dispose of any of their rubbish into the road side bins and to leave the cottage as they found it on arrival – that is in a clean and tidy condition. We reserve the right to charge 40 Euros if we have to dispose of any rubbish including bottles left behind at the cottage after visitors’ departure.
- Under no account are the prescribed numbers of persons per property to be exceeded beyond the originally booked and paid for. This includes other visitors or friends or family who stay more than one day. A charge will be made for additional visitors who stay overnight. Camping tents or motor homes or caravans are only allowed if permission has been granted in writing by French Cottage Holidays.
- All pools have a security fence or an alarm system installed. Visitors have a legal obligation as tenants not to override pool safety measures and to keep the system operative at all times, other than when the pool is in use. Swimming pools will normally be available in mid, high and peak seasons. However this cannot be guaranteed. Please ask, when booking, for details. French law requires pool safety measures but specifically states that parents/adults are primarily responsible for the safety of children and does not negate parental responsibility. It is hereby agreed that children will be supervised by responsible adults at all times particularly whilst children are in or near Swimming Pools. Tenants must not override pool safety measures, inter alia Alarms must not be switched off and Gates into the pool area must remain shut preventing unsupervised access by children. Swimming pools will normally be available from the end of May until the end of October. However this cannot be guaranteed. Please ask, when booking, for details.
- Dogs are welcomed at some of the cottages; please contact us for a list of cottages that do allow dogs. A fee of £25 per dog will be charged to cover additional cleaning. For properties where dogs are allowed, we ask you to observe the following: dogs are not allowed on furniture or beds so please bring dog beds with you; dogs are not allowed in swimming pools under any circumstances and we expect owners to keep them away from pool areas; please do not let your dogs foul the gardens surrounding houses but if accidents do occur, then please ensure that you clean up immediately.
- Complaints. In the event of any complaints arising either on arrival or once occupation has commenced, these must be brought to our attention immediately so that we may investigate and endeavour to rectify.
- Priceson the web site are intended to be correct. A hard copy of this is available on request.
- Reduced Occupancy prices: these prices relate to reduced occupancy in a larger cottage and if more than the prescribed number of beds is used under the terms of this reduced occupancy rate then we will charge the difference between the higher and lower rates.
- All cooking, lighting, linen and cleaning costs are included in the rental price with the exception of La Domaine du Puech (la Soue, le Poulailler, L’Etable & la Grange Fluerie) that operates an off peak electricity policy of 56kw hours per week included with an extra usage charged for).
- Log policy: a small quantity of logs to be available in houses with fires or woodburners. Extra logs can be delivered on request at additional cost.
- TelevisionFollowing changes made by SKY to the strength of their satellite signal early in 2014, we cannot guarantee that all UK channels will be available at all properties, particularly during periods of climatic instability.
- Insurance and travel documentsYou must arrange full travel/holiday Insurance including cover for cancellations, accidents & ill-health. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance you purchase is adequate and appropriate for your particular needs. Please read your policy details on receipt and take them with you on holiday. It is your responsibility to ensure you carry the correct documentation and comply with any applicable passport, health and visa requirements for your holiday. Requirements may change and you are therefore strongly recommended to check the up to date position with the Passport Office, appropriate embassy or consulate as applicable, in good time before departure.
- FORCE MAJEURE :Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, neither the Owner nor French Cottage Holidays can accept any liability where the performance or prompt performance of the Owner’s or French Cottage Holiday’s contractual obligations is prevented or affected by, or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of, “force majeure”. In these Booking Conditions, “force majeure” means any event which the Owner or French Cottage Holidays could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire & all similar events outside our control
- The Owner or Manager reserves the right to enter the property at reasonable times to carry out both emergency repairs and normal maintenance including gardening, work to swimming pools etc.
- The properties are rural country properties. Tenants must expect the presence of animals, birds, insects and suchlike. In certain weather conditions/seasons these may be heard or seen in the house.